Custom Report - Logged Time rounded to day or half day

Robert Rogers October 3, 2017

Hey everyone,

We use Tempo Timesheets and on the whole this works okay, I use reports to see how much time users have logged against a project.

In reality, if a user has logged say 6.75 hours against a given project then we'd like to consider them on this project for 1 day, likewise if say 2.5, we'd consider it half day.

Does anyone know if it's possible to create a Tempo Report which would do this? - Otherwise I'm faced with a very tedious raw data task I feel!

Any thoughts most appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2017

You could create a template for the Better Excel Plugin that exports the "timeSpent" field and then does the rounding using the ROUNDUP function.

If you need this with more granularity, like per worklog, then the add-on can export Tempo worklogs, too.

See:

Robert Rogers October 4, 2017

Thanks for the reply, it seems Better Excel is for server hosted Jira instead of cloud (from what I can see), I'm not sure I could swing the budget for additional addins either at the moment :/

Do you know if there's a way to export to Excel (via tempo) in any different ways besides what just seems to be a raw data dump? - Can it export in a more formatted way? - Guessing not

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2017

Yea, it's true, Better Excel does not support JIRA Cloud (yet).

As an alternative, I think that Excel export capabilities in Tempo are rather limited. They offer a servlet-based worklog API that is easy to use and can produce the worklog list as XML.

So you could:

1. Query the worklog servlet using CURL
  2. Then process the XML and produce the report you look for (there are many techniques for this, like XSLT)

This is technically doable, although requires efforts depending on your experience with the tools involved.

Robert Rogers October 4, 2017

Interesting -that's outside my technical capabilities right now, but I may be able to bend the ear of a developer for a favor if it looks like it could work.

On a more simple note, I'm trying an issue export from Jira putting in Sum of Time Spent and just filtering by the project - the result, in seconds, when dividing by 60 twice, then 7.5, produces a number far higher than tempo! - I think this is probably some double counting by rolling sub task time up to Story level,

Not sure if this method will work though - as I could just save a issue query and run this each time export to Excel, easily convert and sum... hmm

Suggest an answer