Custom Notification: Ticket Unassigned?

David West November 27, 2017

Hi! I'm trying to figure out if I can create a custom notification that tells the Project Lead or Admin when there is an unassigned ticket/story. Has anyone accomplished this? Thank you!

2 answers

1 vote
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2017

Hi David,

I would create a filter with that JQL for that:

project = XXX and assignee is empty

Save this filter and create a subscription for that on the page

http://<your jira url>/secure/ManageFilters.jspa

If you create a group first with the admins and project lead, you could use that group as recipient for the subscription.

0 votes
Shaun Smith June 14, 2018

Hello Thomas,

I like the subscription idea, however I am not sure I get it to fit my specific need.  I need to notify a group when a new unassigned task/issue is created one time.  Any other thoughts?  Thank you in advance,

Shaun

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2018

@Shaun Smith - I think the shortest time interval for a subscription email is 15 minutes. So you get an email 15 minutes at the latest from creation.

Shaun Smith June 14, 2018

Thomas, Thank you for the quick reply!  Is there a way to restrict the subscription to only send an email once (every 15 mins) IF a new issue is added to the filter?  In other words, I don't want an email every 15 mins with the same content, only when new content (issue(s)) is added.

Thanks again,

Shaun

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 14, 2018

yes, that's the default setting. If there's no issue, there's no email.

In this case, I would change the filter to 

project = XXX and assignee is empty and created >= -15m

So you get only the issues created within the last 15 minutes.

Kerli Loopman July 23, 2020

I created an automation that seems to work. Testing it but first impression is that it is ok! I didn't set project because i have preset scope for my project. Does this automation seem ok? 

image.png

Suggest an answer