Custom Issue List / Issue Basket

TSM Admin July 30, 2012

Is there a way to make a defined set of issues show in the issue list. For example, I could be doing multiple searches and adding a subset to my issue basket. Or just looking at issue details and add a single issue to my basket. Then, be able to filter based on that basket? I don't want to accomplish this by adding a field, linking or subtasks. I just need a temporary "working set" of issues that I can refer people to or make mass updates to. I assume I could make a custom filter and use "key IN(IS-1,IS-2,IS-3)", but that is not really ideal. Any plugins that meet this need?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 30, 2012

You've answered your own question - the most simple way to do this is to say "key in (x, y, z)".

If you want something more personalised (i.e. they choose what they want to keep an eye on), then ask the users to "watch" the issues.

I can't think of a more simple way to do it!

TSM Admin July 30, 2012

I can give 2 specific examples of why that would be really inconvenient.

1. My product person is looking through our issue backlog and finds a number of issues that no longer apply or are duplicates and need deleted. They create a filter and then tell me to delete all the issues and I can do it in 1 step. This person is not able to write a custom query.
  2. We have a set of issues that need to be prioritized. Our priority is the sum of multiple fields controlled by different non-technical users. My product person needs to build this list of issues and send out for review.
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2012

I wasn't aiming to be convenient, I was telling you what the most simple way to do this was.

Could you suggest how you'd expect this to work differently?

TSM Admin July 31, 2012
  1. "Add to Issue Bucket" option from Issue Actions menu.
  2. "Add to Issue Bucket" option from the Issue Navigator Tools menu.

"Issue Buckets" could be implemented using filters.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2012

You'll need to write some code to do that. There's no plugin, and the closest you can get is as you've described in your original question. In fact, I'd even recommend that the code behind your basket stuff ends up doing the same when you come to the query/filter side of it - instead of implementing something new, just tell the JQL "here's a string of issues to use in an 'in' clause". (For the advanced coding, add a JQL function of "in my basket" which returns the string)

Suggest an answer