It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Custom Fields Keep Disappearing

I'm working in Jira Cloud and have created a number of custom fields for a particular project. The fields that keep disappearing are in Create Issue screens. When I create an issue the custom fields don't show until I click the "configure fields" button in the top of the create issue screen and check the boxes next to the missing fields. I have to repeat this process every time I create an issue.

I checked the field configuration and none of the missing fields are set to hidden. 

Not a big deal to me, but users who aren't very familiar with Jira won't even realize that the fields are missing. 

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Community Leader Oct 30, 2019

Hmmm, if you have the field configured in the Create Screen for the project/issuetype then it should remain. Check the screens for the project (project settings > screens) and be sure to review each issuetype/screen to ensure it is indeed listed.

They're all listed in the screens where they SHOULD appear. And when I click the "configure fields" button, only the fields that are included in the screen are available to check, but i have to manually check each field each time I open an issue. 

(See screen shots for clarification.)

When I select the List Pull issue type and click Configure Fields, only the custom fields listed in the List Pull Create Issue Screen appear in the list of fields that I can check. I just want them to appear automatically.

Screen Shot 2019-10-30 at 1.17.26 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-10-30 at 1.17.35 PM.png

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

363 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you