Custom Field under Description Field

r.danyk August 8, 2016

Is it possible to add a custom field under Description field in Issue view screen?

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2016

It is not possible to do that without modifying the underlying code. See http://www.j-tricks.com/tutorials/modifying-atlassian-bundled-plugins.

But this is not an option in JIRA Cloud.

Clinton Mancer April 18, 2017

Hi ya, any news on when this may be added to JIRA Cloud?

This would be idea as we'd like to not only add a Custom Field for Acceptance Criteria in this section but also enable the wiki edit toolbar!

#wishuponastar #pleaseatlassian #JIRAFTW

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2017

It won't be.  Atlassian are not adding any of this type of add-on to cloud.

1 vote
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2016

Yes. You need to edit the screen. That will allow you to change where on the screen the fields appear.

r.danyk August 8, 2016

Maybe I do something wrong, but I can't put custom field Demo under system field Description in Issue view screen. I edited the order of the fields in the Issues -> Screens -> My Screen -> Configure Screen. In Create Issue screen all as I need (the field Demo under the Description field). But in Issue view screen the field Demo in the Details section. Can I change it?

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 8, 2016

Maybe we are talking about different things. There is the View screen you build and the Issue Summary display JIRA shows when looking at an issue. JIRA has it's own layout for the summary display and it rearranges things and you can't change that

Rex Lorenzo October 20, 2017

Came here to ask the same question. Too bad... So the Summary Display cannot be customized at all?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 20, 2017

Correct.  You can change the order of custom fields in their panel, but that's all.