Custom Field in Jira that Confluence page can use too

Katherine B August 12, 2013

I have a cistom field in Jira that allows the user to select 1 or more values but also want to reference this same field for use on a Confluence page. The goal is not to maintain these values in 2 places.

This field is deployment environments so this is used for deployment values to select from in Jira but in Confluence we keep a library of all the deployment enviormnets and their specific setup etc.

I dont want to have to update 2 lists if we add a new environment.

How can we achieve this?

1 answer

0 votes
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 13, 2013

Hi Katherin,

I have not seen any multi select custom field being populated from lists in a confluence page.

However what might easily work is that you define the individual deployment environments in separate pages (e.g child pages of a page or pages with label "Environment", etc ) and you use Confluence Page Links (the Link operation allows you to search for confluence pages within JIRA!) in your issue instead of a custom field. This is easy and you don't need a custom field for that.

Tibor

Suggest an answer