Custom Field for multiple date entries

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 10, 2017

Hi,

does anyone know how one can create a custom field which takes multiple dates as input?

We need a field that holds all dates where a certain issue was discussed in a certain meeting.

1 answer

1 vote
Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 10, 2017

Hey Thomas,

Do you need to query or report on these dates?  If not, you could put them into a simple text field.  Probably not what you're looking for, but easier than adding multiple custom date fields.  I don't know of a date type that would accept multiple values.

Could you use Confluence and the "JIRA Issues Macro" to list the JIRA issue ID on each meeting notes page?  Then, if you name your meeting notes pages with the date, you'd essentially end up with a view of the dates (in the JIRA "Issue Links") section.  Trying to think outside the box.  

Hope something helps or at least leads to a new idea!

Rachel Wright

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 11, 2017

Hi Rachel,

thank you for your suggestion. I think I will misuse the versions field. One version for each meeting, so I am able to add an issue to multiple meetings. 

Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 11, 2017

Ah, another good idea!  

For others reading:  you can use the "Versions" functionality like another set of "Components."  Just be sure to give project users the "Resolve Issues" permission, which includes the ability to set a fix version.

Suggest an answer