Custom Field configurations

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2013

Hi

I am trying to perform a project import.

as a pre-requisite I am setting up the custom fields on targets instance. One of the custom fields in the source instance is marked as Global context.

My question is if I re-create the same custom field with global context on target instance will it affect the existing projects on target instance.

If yes, how do I identify which projects are using that custom field so that I can enable it only for those projects.

Rahul

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2013

You can just enable it for the project you are importing, right? on the target instance?

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 13, 2013

Thanks for the answer, Jobin.

Yes, that is possible. But I am importing around 80 projects so manually selecting 80 entries for say 20 custom fields will be time consuming.

Rahul

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 13, 2013

You can then make the custom field global but add it only to screens used by those 80 projects (maybe have a separate screen scheme for them!)

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 13, 2013

Thanks Jobin.

Suggest an answer