Custom Field Value Addition

ROGER PICKETT April 9, 2013

In order to associate an issue with a customer

As a jira user

I need to select a customer from a list.

I have created a custom field of type select list. However, adding values to the list manually will be very tedious with the 825 customers that we have. Is there a way to upload these values from a CSV?

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2013
ROGER PICKETT April 9, 2013

Natalie

I thought about the text field, but as we migrate from our existing tickjeting system to jira, we will want more direct control of the values avaialble.

Ramiro,

Thank you for that answer. That puts me on the right path.

Natalie Hobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2013

No worries! I'm glad that Ramiro was able to get you the answer you needed. :)

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 9, 2013

I think Select List it's more difficult to configure, but once you have it it's a lot easier to manage...

0 votes
Natalie Hobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 9, 2013

Agreed - that is true! :)

0 votes
Natalie Hobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 9, 2013

Hey Roger, why don't you use a text field instead? You could put the list somewhere else, and provide a link to it in the description of the field; that way the user could look at that list and just copy/paste the text from it into the field.

Suggest an answer