Custom Field Missing

Sravan Kumar December 21, 2017

Hello All,

How could I restore the custom field which got deleted? Assignee Fields seems to be missing in the Custom Fields list.. I am an Admin and I have all the rights to the system, when I go to all the available custom fields section I don't find the Assignee field, Is there a way to restore it?

2 answers

0 votes

So while creating a Ticket How could I assign it to someone if I want to?

The problem here is.. After creating the ticket I am going to the right hand side of the view screen then assigning the ticket..

Bryan Trummer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2017

You will need to have the assignee field on the new ticket screen.

This document explains it pretty well, you will want to focus on the "Configuring a screen's tab and fields' section.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/defining-a-screen-802592587.html

The issue was I was not having the Assign Issue Permissions for that project, my perception was if I am an Admin for the project I would have all which is proved to be not right.

Finally Issue Resolved- Thank You very much!

Bryan Trummer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2017

Yup that would do the trick! Even though you are an admin you still have to be in the correct permissions to do things in projects.

0 votes
Bryan Trummer
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 21, 2017

Are you talking about the JIRA field Assignee? The one that appears in the top right of the screen under people? If so, this is not a custom field so you would not find it in the custom fields screen.

Suggest an answer