Custom Field Filter

Lathrop [PSU] September 5, 2012

We have a custom 255 text field using the Free Text Searcher that is causing troubles when building filters.

This custom field holds email address that contain the system system of @. We know that in order to use this symbol in our filter, occording to documentation, that you need to have one of the following.

NOTE: We are using !~ as a way to exclude certain tickets containing this specific field value from returning in the filter.

1."Email From" !~ "abc500@example.com"
2. "Email From" !~ abc500\\@example.com

Both of these string work...to a degree. The problem is when we use email address as a filter limiter we loose tickets in the report. These tickets do not contain the address listed, or even email addresses at all, they should be returning in the filter results. It seems that the system value of @ is making them disappear.

Ex. 5 tickets should show in results 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105. (correct filter not using email address as a limiter.)

Ex. 5 tickets should show but only 3 appear 100, 101, 104. ( filter when using email adddresses as a limiter.) 102 and 103 SHOULD also report but do not for some reason.

I can produce screenshots if necessary.

Thanks for the help and if possible please give a string example. I'm a visual learner :)

1 answer

0 votes
Jeison
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 5, 2012

I'm a visual learner too, screenshots would help. :)

Lathrop [PSU] September 5, 2012

I'll get some screenshots uploaded soon.

Lathrop [PSU] November 26, 2012

Wow, I'm a terrible person! I forgot about this question and never uploaded the images. My apologies. Today I tired to make screenshot but the filter I'm using contains personal customer information that I can't post. I'm going to type out the query lines for your example but I'll have to make some replacements.

First example query

project = "AIS: Security, Accounts, and Support" AND status = "Action Required" AND "SAS Components" = Accounts AND (summary ~ "Automated+Account+Action" OR "Email From" !~ "abc5000@example")ORDER BY updated ASC

Second example query

project = "AIS: Security, Accounts, and Support" AND status = "Action Required" AND "SAS Components" = Accounts AND (summary ~ "Automated+Account+Action" OR "Email From" !~ abc5000\\@example)ORDER BY updated ASC

The only change is the syntax. A loss of double quote for the addition of \\. These two things are suppose to be interchangeable but I get different results with each query.

Suggest an answer