Custom Field Email Notification

Bob Cutillo September 3, 2014

How can Jira be configured to trigger and automatic email when a specific value is entered in a field?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Simon Kegel //SEIBERT/MEDIA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2014

Hey,
this can be done with scripted post-function f.e.. If you have installed ScriptRunner Plugin you can choose some more postfunctions and script your own. And this way you can get your problem resolved. There is a conditional postfunction as well ;)
Hope this was helpful.

Greets
Simon :)

Thank you Simon for your quick response!! I've never used ScriptRunner so I'll give this a shot and let you know how is goes. - Best, Bob

2 votes
B_ Normann P_ Nielsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2014

As Simon says, Scriptrunner is the solution - take a look at Script Listeners (Issue Created and Issue Updated)

Condition - a Script, something like:

cfValues["Category"]?.value.contains("Crisis") && changeItems.any {

it.get('field')=='Category'

}

This triggers when the Category field has changed into "Crisis"

And thank you as well Normann!! Also thanks for the sample script. Unfortunately I don't have much expertise in this area.

Does Script Listner come with Script Runner?

Where exactly does one place this script?

Thanks,

Bob

0 votes

Do either of you know of or can recommend a scripting soluition for Jira cloud? Looks like Script Runner is only available for Jira Server.

Suggest an answer