Custom Field DropDown filter

Richard Jones June 7, 2015

Hi All

I want to have custom dropdown in my JIRA. For EPICs it will contain items A, B, C. For User Stories B, C, D and for bugs just the values C and D.

I'd like to do this in one custom dropdown so that I can easily search JIRAs for all tickets which are A or D or example (and not care about the type of JIRA) Can I easily filter what is shown on a drop down box depending on the ticket type?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2015
Richard Jones June 8, 2015

Hi Udo

This is very close to what I want but not quite. I added a new context but it wont let me have more than one context per project. If I have proejctA and I have a custom field containing options A, B, C and D then I want only C and D for bugs and A and B for every other issue type. Currently I dont seem to be able to have more than one context per project. Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2015

I see this is not working (even so the documentation doesn't say other wise). Maybe you can figure out a way using behaviour plugin (includes now in scriptrunner plugin). There is an example how to set options based on a selected component. You would need to do it based on the issuetype: See https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JBHV/Miscellaneous+Behaviours+Examples#MiscellaneousBehavioursExamples-Addorremoveoptionstosingleormulti-selectfields

Suggest an answer