It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Custom Field Default Value Not Populating

Good day.

I have read through many threads and will give a rundown here on what has been done but the issue at point is I cannot get the default value for a custom field to populate on creation. 

1. custom field created 
2. global configuration set for issue types being used by all projects not using specific contexts 

3. default value set 

4. contexts created for specific projects requiring different values in the custom field 

5. default value set for each of these contexts 

6. added the custom field to each project that needs to use this (global and context specific)
7. creation of an issue did not populate the default value - it shows it in the creation of the issue view but not in the promoted version (strange) 
8. attempted making this field required to see if that corrected the default value not showing up

9. it did not - still shows the default value in creation which allows for the creation to be promoted but still populates with a "none" in the field 

I am sure it is a simple step that I am missing somewhere, such as a comma in some scripting last week that I missed for over an hour when attempting to get some code to work. Any guidance is appreciated. 

- Philip 

2 answers

0 votes

Hi Philip,

Thanks for reaching out to Atlassian Community!
I would like to replicate this issue on my test environment to check why this issue is happening and if there is something we can do to fix it.
Can you please share with us what type of field you created?
Have you tested using another type of field?
Once we hear from you, we will be able to test here to better understand the issue.

Regards,
Angélica

I have same problem

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you