Custom Event not firing when issue created from incoming email

Sheral Hewes June 19, 2014

Using JIRA 5.2.11

Created a custom event named "Created from Email" and it is mapped to generic event (also tried mapping to Issue Created).

Created a post function on "Created" in workflow to fire "Created from Email event".

Mail Listener is setup and Issue Index Listener is setup.

Incoming Mail is setup for specific email address to create a new jira issue. (This is working).

There are no errors in the Mail Queue and I did not see the ticket in the queue after sending.

The Notification Scheme for the project has been setup with the custom event and one single user to get the notification email that a new jira issue has been created.

I used the permission helper to select a ticket created by the mail handler and selected the event Created from Email and the status was that I receive notifications for the 'Created from Email' event. NOTE: I did not create the email.

I am not receiving email notifications when generated from Jira Issue created from email. We want to change from a single user in the notification scheme eventually to a group. I need help troubleshooting the problem.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sheral Hewes June 26, 2014

I confirm that this was the solution. Thanks for helping Pedro.

0 votes
Pedro Souza
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 20, 2014

It was handled by Support.

Something went wrong when adding the custom event into the Post function, so the Custom Event was not associated to the Workflow.

We've added the custom event again, and published the workflow once more, and looks like the Custom Event was associated to the workflow, and the notification started to work.

Jordan Packer September 18, 2014

I'm trying to do something similar.... I just want to assign a custom generic event to the creation of an issue (the only reason why I can't use the Issue Created event in the notification scheme is because I only want to have it happen for one issue type), but I can't seem to figure it out. Where do I add my Post function?

Franklin American Mortgage Company September 18, 2014

I put the Post Function on "Create" in the workflow.

Jordan Packer September 18, 2014

Ah, I see it now. Had to move to diagram view. Thanks!

Suggest an answer