Custom Developed Plugin Could not be enabled in JIRA

Kishore July 29, 2013

I have written a custom Plugin (Report Plugin - It is actually a sample code from one of the Tutorial).
I could install the Plugin. It was compiled successfully.
After atlas-run, in 2990 Port JIRA started successfully.
But Iam not able to enable. It gives error "This Plugin failed to enable.Your license may be invalid.Please refer to logs for more information".
But in JIRA, the license is valid and not expired.
In the JIRA log, it shows different error "Unable to start the following Plugins due to timeout while waiting for Plugin to enable".

Please help.

Thanks

Kishore

7 answers

0 votes
Aymen Maamri May 31, 2020

hello,

i'm also having the same Problem,my plugin used to work,but then out of nowhere i get the same problem,the plugin failed to enable.have you found a solution maybe ?

0 votes
Kishore August 5, 2013

Hi,

Any suggestions..?

Kishore

0 votes
Kishore July 30, 2013

Hi,

I did the following suggested by Tomasz and get same error

- Stop JIRA

- Clear osgi-plugins and bundled-plugins from JIRA_HOME/plugins

- Start JIRA and try enable Plugin

By the way, what does the error 'Unresolved Constraint...' mean..

If there is any error in the Plugin Code (Which is a simple report Plugin), why it allows to compile successfully and throws at runtime citing 'license' error while giving timeout error also ?

0 votes
T I
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2013

Hmm both look good for me.

You could try the following to recreate the plugins cache:

• Stop JIRA;
  • Clear all contents of JIRA-HOME/plugins/.osgi-plugins;
  • Clear all contents of JIRA-HOME/plugins/.bundled-plugins;
  • Start JIRA again.
Alexej Geldt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2013

this makes sense.

@Kishore let us know if it helped. im curious

0 votes
Kishore July 29, 2013

Hi,

Here I attach atlassian-plugin.xml and pom.xml (atlassian-plugintxt.txt), (pomtxt.txt).

Kishore

0 votes
Kishore July 29, 2013

Hi Tomasz,

Thanks on looking up my Question.

I attach the atlassian jira log (stdout log) (jira250113181718-stdout.2013-07-30.log) which contains the error part on enabling the custom plugin.(Pls refer line no.346 for easy reference).

It tells error as " [plugin.osgi.factory.OsgiPlugin] Detected an error (BundleException) enabling the plugin 'com.equest.report.second_report' : Unresolved constraint in bundle com.equest.report.second_report [106]: Unable to resolve 106.0: missing requirement [106.0] package; (package=com.equest.report). This error usually occurs when your plugin imports a package from another bundle with a specific version constraint and either the bundle providing that package doesn't meet those version constraints, or there is no bundle available that provides the specified package. For more details on how to fix this, see http://confluence.atlassian.com/x/1xy6D"

T I
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 29, 2013

Could you show us the atlassian-plugin.xml and pom.xml?

0 votes
T I
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 29, 2013

Could you show us the whole log?

Suggest an answer