Custom Developed Plugin Could not be enabled in JIRA

I have written a custom Plugin (Report Plugin - It is actually a sample code from one of the Tutorial).
I could install the Plugin. It was compiled successfully.
After atlas-run, in 2990 Port JIRA started successfully.
But Iam not able to enable. It gives error "This Plugin failed to enable.Your license may be invalid.Please refer to logs for more information".
But in JIRA, the license is valid and not expired.
In the JIRA log, it shows different error "Unable to start the following Plugins due to timeout while waiting for Plugin to enable".

Please help.

Thanks

Kishore

6 answers

Could you show us the whole log?

Hi Tomasz,

Thanks on looking up my Question.

I attach the atlassian jira log (stdout log) (jira250113181718-stdout.2013-07-30.log) which contains the error part on enabling the custom plugin.(Pls refer line no.346 for easy reference).

It tells error as " [plugin.osgi.factory.OsgiPlugin] Detected an error (BundleException) enabling the plugin 'com.equest.report.second_report' : Unresolved constraint in bundle com.equest.report.second_report [106]: Unable to resolve 106.0: missing requirement [106.0] package; (package=com.equest.report). This error usually occurs when your plugin imports a package from another bundle with a specific version constraint and either the bundle providing that package doesn't meet those version constraints, or there is no bundle available that provides the specified package. For more details on how to fix this, see http://confluence.atlassian.com/x/1xy6D"

Could you show us the atlassian-plugin.xml and pom.xml?

Hi,

Here I attach atlassian-plugin.xml and pom.xml (atlassian-plugintxt.txt), (pomtxt.txt).

Kishore

Hmm both look good for me.

You could try the following to recreate the plugins cache:

• Stop JIRA;
  • Clear all contents of JIRA-HOME/plugins/.osgi-plugins;
  • Clear all contents of JIRA-HOME/plugins/.bundled-plugins;
  • Start JIRA again.

this makes sense.

@Kishore let us know if it helped. im curious

Hi,

I did the following suggested by Tomasz and get same error

- Stop JIRA

- Clear osgi-plugins and bundled-plugins from JIRA_HOME/plugins

- Start JIRA and try enable Plugin

By the way, what does the error 'Unresolved Constraint...' mean..

If there is any error in the Plugin Code (Which is a simple report Plugin), why it allows to compile successfully and throws at runtime citing 'license' error while giving timeout error also ?

Hi,

Any suggestions..?

Kishore

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

546 views 6 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you