Custom Calculated Field

Charlie-Anne Schonken December 29, 2015

We are on JIRA OnDemand (Cloud) or whatever it is called now) - version 7.1.0-OD-02-030.

I have Custom Fields for dates, that track specific events during the workflow (because I cannot get transition history to show on any report).  So for example, I use the workflow post functions to auto complete certain date fields as we transition through the workflow (only for some workflow steps).

I now want to create a field that shows me the difference between two of these date fields in days or hours.

Is this possible?  How do I do it?

1 answer

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2015

Try this code 

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomField

import java.sql.Timestamp

return (int) ( getMillsForCstFd("custom field name 1", issue) - getMillsForCstFd("custom field name 1", issue))/(1000*60*60*24)

public long getMillsForCstFd(String _customFiledname, Issue _issue){
    CustomField customField = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName(_customFiledname);
    if(customField == null)
        return 0

Timestamp cstFldDate = (Timestamp) _issue.getCustomFieldValue(customField);
    return (cstFldDate == null) ? 0 : cstFldDate.getTime();
}

To speed up development see this:https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/32982259

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2015

They can't. Script Runner is not (yet) available for Cloud.

Charlie-Anne Schonken December 30, 2015

I like the "yet" part ... I won't hold my breath though. Seems everything is designed for the non-cloud platforms these days.

Suggest an answer