Custom Authenticator for Stash/Jira/Crowd

Curt Berner September 12, 2012

We're in the process of integrating Confluence into our project, and I've already discovered how to implement a custom authenticator via the Seraph package. We're looking also at purchasing / implementing Jira and Stash, but I can't find documentation on how to implement our enterprise SSO authentication with these products. I've also looked a bit at Crowd, but again see no documentation for logging into these products via our enterprise sso and a custom authenticator.

I did find documentation about implementing a custom directory, and also found documentation on configuring a supported directory for delegated authentication. Is it possible to utilize a custom directory for delegated authentication, and would this be the method to implement our enterprise SSO for login?

What is the recommended manner to implement an enterprise SSO, not simply an enterprise ldap, for authentication with these products?

Thanks

Curt

2 answers

1 vote
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 12, 2012

Hi Curt

All this seems very possible. AppFusions has solved many similar SSO/authentication integrations between Atlassian products and other solutions

Some examples of our work:

Contact us at info@appfusions.com if interested in discussing this further.

-- Cheers, David

0 votes
Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2012

Hi Curt -

Stash is also in the mix now too - release is imminent. Can also help with your licensing needs, as a reseller.

Best,

Ellen
ellen@appfusions.com

Suggest an answer