Custom Activity for Activity Stream

Ryan Briggs July 28, 2013

I am wondering if I am able to post a custom activity to the activity stream

(e.g. I would like developers to be able post something to the stream when they deploy a new version of the app) NOTE: we don't use atlassian to manage the code just JIRA & Confluence.

Basically I'd just like them to be able to post a 'status update' of sorts that can appear in the activity stream.

3 answers

0 votes
Paul Greig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 1, 2013

Hi Ryan,

There is one outside-of-the-box solution available. JIRA instances can be updated via REST API. You could have a program/interface available to your users using the API to send 'status updates'/comments to an open issue in a 'Updates' project.

You could then have a separate 'Activity Stream' that only monitors the 'Updates' project.

For more details on the JIRA REST API feel free to check out:

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/JIRA+REST+API+Tutorials

Cheers,

Paul

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2013

i am not sure but it may help you,

check about Activit gadget here

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Adding+the+Activity+Stream+Gadget

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2013

You're OnDemand? There's nothing much you can do customized wise.

Ryan Briggs July 29, 2013
Sorry I didn't mean I wanted to customise JIRA OnDemand, I was more meaning is there a way to post something directly to the activity stream without it being an activity with a issue, etc. E.g. like posting a status update to facebook
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 29, 2013

Sorry. The answer is still no. Activity stream picks things from issues.

Suggest an answer