Currently Kanban; demonstrate Scrum- in a read only environment

Jason H February 22, 2021

Good Day-

I'm looking for advice or references for how environments are set up, and how to perhaps best demonstrate a current project in a different view.

Company has dozens of stand alone JIRA setups. Programs are typically under-utilizing the abilities of JIRA for PM, and (one of my jobs) is to help bring them into the fold.

To that end I have been given 'read only' access to program boards, but with Read-Only access (as it should be).

I would like to, say, for a Kanban board, stand up a new scrum board. I've seen a couple of articles here and understand they WILL not map 1:1, and they all have different tags/flags for closing, adding, and states.

Thus: Where does a 'board' live if I were to create a new Scrum board for an existing Kanban project? I can not impact their current project in any way, but having 10k+ issues 'outstanding' makes Kanban nearly unusable. (85% were imported from a previous ticketing system and are still real issues).

There's got to be a way to sell of ideas of improving without impacting the underlying workflows. I'm hoping someone can point me to them.

0 answers

Suggest an answer