Current I18n state JIRA Service Desk Server?

Dan W. July 27, 2017

Could somebody clarify the current state of I18n for JIRA Service Desk? There is a lot of information spread across tickets and other places. But I'm having a hard time to find definitve answers.

Doing a translation to have a multilangual self service portal seems to be explained here

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/translating-your-customer-portal-and-supporting-multiple-languages-886180551.html

This seems to be only available in the cloud verson.

Is there any official reply from Atlassian when/if this will be available for Server?

What is the story about the general application the requester will see? Will the interface (e.g. profile) be translated as well for the requester? 

As long not everything the requester could interface with is translated SD ist kind of unusable in our case. Would be nice if somebody could point me to some more resources that cover these topcis.

Thanks a lot.

1 answer

0 votes
Christoph Schötz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2017

Do you know the translations addon for JIRA service desk? https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.intenso.jira.plugins.translation.jsd-translation/server/overview

Cheers 

Christoph 

Dan W. July 27, 2017

No. haven't seen that one. Will check it out. But it's a shame, that this, what I would call MVP level functionality (Minimum Viable Product), is up to plugin vendors.

There's nothing wrong with plugins. But if they stop working or cause trouble on main product updates it's a pain in the ass. And on crucial system parts like this I would prefer to have main product vendor support.

Thanks for the link.

Christoph Schötz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2017

You're welcome - I guess that's the Atlassian way - if a plugin vendor does a great job then Atlassian rather focusses on delivering other stuff... 

Cheers 

Christoph 

Gustav Rek August 30, 2017

I find this very frustrating too.

There seems to be no way to change the (default) language of my JIRA Service Desk project. The user can change it in the settings, until then it stays English.

I also tried the add-on and it does no good. I can't define a default language, so same problem here, the login/register mask stays in English.

And I can't translate the resolution which stays in English, no matter what. It has a custom translation in JIRA itself, which sadly is not used in Service Desk; the status translations on the other hand are used (translation also configured in JIRA).

See provided screenshot (and I only got this far by manually changing my language as a customer, which most customers wouldn't do / won't find):

Clipboard02.png

Suggest an answer