Crucible vs Fisheye Licenses

Emmett Hogan August 15, 2013

This may sound like an odd question, and the right answer may well be that I am thinking about this the wrong way. :-)

Like most shops, we have QA and Dev...QA may well have the need to VIEW (not review) code, so they need a FishEye license...our Engineers obviously need VIEW permissions (FishEye) but also REVIEW (Crucible) licenses. So...in short...All crucible users are fisheye users, but not all Fisheye users are Crucible users. We are using JIRA for authentication...and do not really want just anybody on the network to be able to browse our source code (so anonymous read access to the respository doesn't really work for us.) And to make matters more complicated, not all JIRA users are even FishEye users.

So...I am not really sure how to set up the permissions.

Can someone have a little pity on me and help guide me?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
richie_gee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 15, 2013

Hi there,

User will need the 'View Development Tool' permission to view the source code, refer to the documentation below:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Integrating+JIRA+with+FishEye#IntegratingJIRAwithFishEye-Step3.AddPermissionstoUsers

Hope this helps, cheers :)

Emmett Hogan August 15, 2013

That defintely helps alot...thanks again Richie.

But if I only have 25 Crucible/Fisheye licenses, and unlimited JIRA licenses, how does that work?

Say I have 250 Jira Users, but only 45 are QA/Dev and need source code (Fisheye) access, and of those, only 25 are developers who need cruicible licenses. When I bought my 25 crucible licenses I got 25 Fisheye licenses ... so do I need to get another 25 Fisheye only licenses so in the end I have 50 Fisheye and 25 Crucible?

Thanks for helping. :-)

Suggest an answer