Crucible create issue - default project

Jeff Storey August 8, 2013

In crucible, I know I can create an issue directly from a review comment. The create issue dialog shows the first project in the list of jira projects alphabetically. Is there a way to link a crucible repository to a specific project so when I select create issue it defaults to that project?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
rstephens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2013

Hi Jeff,

There are two ways you can control this:

1. If the Crucible review is linked to a JIRA issue, this JIRA project will be preferred

2. You can create an entity link from the Crucible project to the JIRA project. Inline issue creation will default to use the primary link if one exists.

Kind Regards,
Richard Stephens

Kelly Schoenhofen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2013

Are we positive #2 works? The default Jira project selected when creating an issue from inside a review in Crucible is always the alphabetically top project in Jira, in spite of an application link between the correct Jira project and the Crucible project.

#1 does work; the moment you link the review to an issue, issues created from inside the review do indeed pick the correct project.

I can open up a support ticket to get this fixed, if anyone can confirm #2 is indeed not working. It's a minor annoyance to us, since creating Jira issues from a code review is just starting to happen here.

Jeff Storey September 10, 2013

I haven't tried #2 since #1 works here for us.

0 votes
Kelly Schoenhofen
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2013

Are we positive #2 works? The default Jira project selected when creating an issue from inside a review in Crucible is always the alphabetically top project in Jira, in spite of an application link between the correct Jira project and the Crucible project.

#1 does work; the moment you link the review to an issue, issues created from inside the review do indeed pick the correct project.

I can open up a support ticket to get this fixed, if anyone can confirm #1 is indeed not working. It's a minor annoyance to us, since creating Jira issues from a code review is just starting to happen here.

0 votes
Jeff Storey August 8, 2013

Thanks, #1 did the trick.

Suggest an answer