Crowd user sessions

shailesh ligade December 30, 2015

Hello,

We are using crowd (2.8) to enable SSO for Atlassian applications (Jira/Confluence/bamboo/stash), as well as some other DEVOPS apps. It is working correctly. However, when I log on to crowd as administrator and list active user sessions, it shows me all possible users with initialization and last accessed date as of now, (or sometime I have seen that within past 30 minutes). Is that typical behavior?

I don't see that behavior on any other environment, where we have not enabled SSO Atlassian applications ( although other DEVOPS apps are SSO enabled)

Will this have any performance impact? we are talking about 3k+ users, and will potentially add many more.

Thanks

S

2 answers

0 votes
shailesh ligade January 12, 2016

Thanks for response,

Literally all the users are listed as having active session. I am pretty sure all these users should not be there. It doesn't always happen, and trying to figure out what causes it, and what may be the performance impact on crowd.

We do use crowd to implement SSO for Atlassian products as well as other tools (Jenkins etc). we also user crowdid to enable SSO for SonarQube.

Is there anyway to get details of all these sessions, which may shed light how did they get created to begin with?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

thanks

S

0 votes
Diego Berrueta
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2016

I'm not sure if I fully understand. Are you seeing active sessions for users who shouldn't have one? Or is it a problem of precision in the "last accessed" column?

Suggest an answer