Crowd user group memberships changed - but not reflected in JIRA

Andrei [errno]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2012

we use JIRA 4.3.3 with Crowd 2.3.4 (with nested groups)

sometimes (not for all users) when I remove a group membership from a user's profile in Crowd, Crowd says "fine" and updates the record correctly, but JIRA still keeps the old group membership info.

I check {userlister} in Confluence for this group and the changes are propagated to Confluence fine, just not JIRA.

any pointers? thanks

5 answers

0 votes
Nicholas TenBrink October 25, 2012

Manual syncronization did not resolve the issue.

Logs stated that JIRA was having problems with multiple instances of a single group, there was not a duplicate but in this case a user groups name in Active Directory had been modified from all lower case letters to upper and lower case letters.

v4.3.3 of JIRA could not resolve the difference and claimed this was a duplicate, after testing in my test environment i saw that v5.1.7 of JIRA did not have this problem.

Due to the time sensitivity and the problem dragging on I decided to upgrade our production instance from v4.3.3 to v5.1.7 and the issue resolved itself.

Simply put, this shouldn't of been an issue.

I did submit a support request and was never contacted back.

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 25, 2012

Hello,

This is strange indeed. Confluence works while JIRA not. I suspect that the problem might be in the sync part of JIRA. Maybe JIRA is not synchronizing automatically? If you test JIRA and try to manually sync, do the change is propagated to JIRA?

You may want to open a ticket for support.atlassian.com if the issue persists.

Cheers,

Rodrigo Adami

0 votes
Nicholas TenBrink October 22, 2012

I have recently also come accross this issue, same symptoms too.

Crowd and Confluence show the user with all the correct group memberships, but JIRA does not.

Has anyone been able to shed any light on how to resolve this?

0 votes
Andrei [errno]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2012

yes, happens after syncing as well

0 votes
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 21, 2012

Is this after forcing a sync from JIRA under User Directories?

Suggest an answer