Crowd sync error with JIRA

Neeta Dubey June 28, 2015

We have JIRA 5.1.6 and we have a plan to upgrade it on soon however my crowd instance is unable to sync with JIRA and give below error. Could you please advise? I referred the doc which is not very helpful as I'v hard time in understanding the resolution steps.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASHKB/Synchronization+with+LDAP+Server+Fails+with+PartialResultException

2015-06-29 01:13:41,835 scheduler_Worker-1 INFO [atlassian.crowd.directory.DbCachingRemoteDirectory] failed synchronisation complete in [ 2621070ms ]
2015-06-29 01:13:41,835 scheduler_Worker-1 ERROR [atlassian.crowd.directory.DbCachingDirectoryPoller] Error occurred while refreshing the cache for directory [ 32772 ].
com.atlassian.crowd.model.group.Membership$MembershipIterationException: com.atlassian.crowd.exception.OperationFailedException: org.springframework.ldap.PartialResultException: nested exception is javax.naming.PartialResultException [Root exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: zs.local:389 [Root exception is java.net.SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out]]
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.DirectoryMembershipsIterable$1.apply(DirectoryMembershipsIterable.java:62)
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.DirectoryMembershipsIterable$1.apply(DirectoryMembershipsIterable.java:52)
at com.google.common.collect.Iterators$8.next(Iterators.java:697)

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2015

Root exception is java.net.SocketTimeoutException: 

Means JIRA can't reach your Crowd server over the network.  There's not a lot of documentation we can give you - you need to fix your network setup or settings.

Neeta Dubey June 28, 2015

Thanks Nic. Is there something in particular I should check with Network team to dig down this issue.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2015

Could be any one of a number of issues. The most likely one is simply that there is no route between the servers, but I can't really tell you how to diagnose that beyond trying standard network tools - ping, nslookup tracert, trying the ip address instead of server name, and even a raw telnet to the Crowd server/port to see if that responds. Also, check the Crowd logs to see if it is receiving anything at ll from your JIRA

Suggest an answer