Crowd failed to manage Jira System Administrators group.

Allan Margono April 24, 2017

I can use Crowd to manage all Jira groups/permissions, except for the Jira System Administror permission. The most that I can get is to subcribe users to the Jira Administrators (NOT at the System level).

Is this by Design? i.e, I can only use Jira Internal Directory to grant the Jira System Administrator permission to local users?

Crowd version: 2.11

Jira version: 7.3.3

Thanks,

Allan

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2017

Please try:

1. Create a group in Crowd called something like "JIRA-sysadmins"
  2. In JIRA, in Global Permissions (at the bottom of <JIRA_Base_URL>/secure/admin/GlobalPermissions!default.jspa)add the group to the JIRA System Administrators permission.
  3. Add the users who should have JIRA system administrator permissions to the JIRA-sysadmins in Crowd.
Allan Margono May 1, 2017

Hello thanks for the reply.

I have created a new group in Crowd and did exactly as you decribed, however it didn't work since there was an issue with some pattern of group names that I used. e.g.,

• Super Admin (original group name in Jira),
  • Super Admin Jira (new group created in crowd),
  • Super Admin Test (new group created in crowd)

It looked like there was a problem with the original Jira group name, hence creating a new group that contains the same pattern name (i.e., "Super Admin") failed.

Created a totally new group name, it worked okay.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2017

I see, thanks for following up!

Suggest an answer