Crowd - atlassian products authentication

Omprakash Thamsetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2018

Hi All,

I am in a process to upgrade all our Atlassian products as below

Jira 7.7 along with ifix

Confluence 6.6 along with ifix

Bit-bucket 5.5 or 5.7 along with ifix

Bamboo 6.3

Crucible 4.4.5

As per below Application link. I am not finding the crowd version that works to me for above mentioned versions.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/applinks/application-links-version-matrix-779174762.html

Can any one please suggest me what version of crowd will work for me.

Thanks,

Om.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2018

Crowd does not really need the use of application links in order to integrate with these other products.  While Jira and Confluence need an application link to be able to display information from one application into the other, the same is not really necessary or true of Crowd from what I have seen.  Instead Crowd will allow you to manage user accounts for all these applications in a single location.  

Within each other application you will need to add a new user directory of type "Atlassian Crowd" and then define the credentials of your Crowd instance.  That is all that is really needed to use Crowd with these other applications. 

That said, I would recommend using the latest version of Crowd, 3.1.2 for integrating with these other products and the versions you have listed here.

Omprakash Thamsetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2018

Thank you so much for your valuable information.

Suggest an answer