Crowd application unable to sync with AD

Neeta Dubey July 28, 2015

My crowd application is unable to sync with AD however it sync's well with JIRA. Below is the error message that i get in log files.

I tried increasing the connection timeout setting to 20secs which was earlier 10secs. Could you please advice? Note- crowd version 2.4.0

Below is the error log-

2015-07-29 02:02:57,166 scheduler_Worker-7 INFO [atlassian.crowd.directory.DbCachingRemoteDirectory] failed synchronisation complete in [ 24026ms ]
2015-07-29 02:02:57,188 scheduler_Worker-7 ERROR [atlassian.crowd.directory.DbCachingDirectoryPoller] Error occurred while refreshing the cache for directory [ 32771 ].
com.atlassian.crowd.exception.OperationFailedException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: com.atlassian.crowd.exception.OperationFailedException: org.springframework.ldap.PartialResultException: nested exception is javax.naming.PartialResultException [Root exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: zs.local:389 [Root exception is java.net.SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out]]
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.ldap.cache.UsnChangedCacheRefresher.synchroniseAllGroups(UsnChangedCacheRefresher.java:299)
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.ldap.cache.AbstractCacheRefresher.synchroniseAll(AbstractCacheRefresher.java:42)
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.ldap.cache.UsnChangedCacheRefresher.synchroniseAll(UsnChangedCacheRefresher.java:223)
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.DbCachingRemoteDirectory.synchroniseCache(DbCachingRemoteDirectory.java:621)
at com.atlassian.crowd.manager.directory.DirectorySynchroniserImpl.synchronise(DirectorySynchroniserImpl.java:63)
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.DbCachingDirectoryPoller.pollChanges(DbCachingDirectoryPoller.java:50)
at com.atlassian.crowd.manager.directory.monitor.poller.DirectoryPollerJobBean.executeInternal(DirectoryPollerJobBean.java:29)
at org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.QuartzJobBean.execute(QuartzJobBean.java:86)
at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:203)

1 answer

0 votes
rrudnicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 29, 2015

Hi Neeta, 

I've found the following message:

zs.local:389 [Root exception is java.net.SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out]]

This means Crowd cannot communicate to zs.local or if you have multiple domains, they aren't replicating properly. Please check if this host is correct and your AD's are replicating.

Regards, 

Renato Rudnicki

Suggest an answer