Cross visibility from Jira to Service Desk

Rob Deptuch May 16, 2016

Is it possible to setup JIRA so you can see Service Desk projects, and vice versa so I can move and resassign issues to the correct location as needed? And if so how do you do so?

I have setup Application Links but am not able to see anything between the 2 instances.

thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Rob Deptuch May 16, 2016

Yes i have my users set as Agents so they can see any projects inside of service desk. but can I set it so they can also see Jira, non service desk projects so they could move an issue to one of those projects if it belonged their?

Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2016

Yes. The agents just need a JIRA Software / Core license and the correct permissions to access the projects that you want to move the issues to.

0 votes
Andrea Carl
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2016

Your user must be an Agent in order to view the Service desk projects.  JIRA Service desk is not a seperate instance to JIRA - it is an add-on, similiar to JIRA Agile.  Atlassian chargers per agent.

Suggest an answer