Cross visibility from Jira to Service Desk

Is it possible to setup JIRA so you can see Service Desk projects, and vice versa so I can move and resassign issues to the correct location as needed? And if so how do you do so?

I have setup Application Links but am not able to see anything between the 2 instances.

thanks.

2 answers

Your user must be an Agent in order to view the Service desk projects.  JIRA Service desk is not a seperate instance to JIRA - it is an add-on, similiar to JIRA Agile.  Atlassian chargers per agent.

Yes i have my users set as Agents so they can see any projects inside of service desk. but can I set it so they can also see Jira, non service desk projects so they could move an issue to one of those projects if it belonged their?

Yes. The agents just need a JIRA Software / Core license and the correct permissions to access the projects that you want to move the issues to.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

Meet the AUG leaders of Northern Virginia

@Rachel Wright (Jira Genie), @Billy Poggi (AUG NOVA, DC), and @Dana Jansen (Confluence Queen) are just some of the folks that lead one of the world's most active Atlassian User Group (AUG)....

124 views 4 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you