Cross project items do not show up in "Assigned to me" gadget

Jeff Cox April 27, 2017

This issue concerns the dashboard Assigned to Me Gadget. 

We have multiple projects in Jira SW ( V6.4.11) . 

Users that have switched projects do not see items assigned to them in the new project.  All they get are items in the project they started on. 

As defined, Assigned to Me should return all ietms for "Me" across all projects. 

We have re-indexed, no change. 

The resolution field is blank. 

Any suggestions on where to go from here would be much appreciated. 

2 answers

0 votes
Eva Kasiak May 9, 2017

Hi Jeff,

I thought you might want to see this answer which was traced down years ago in fact. It is worth checking specific statuses of the issues, as Assigned to me gadget will not show Resolved issues which are still assigned to you. https://community.atlassian.com/t5/JIRA-questions/Assigned-to-Me-gadget-not-showing-issues/qaq-p/445505

Hopefully this will give you some more hints :) 

good luck!

Jeff Cox May 9, 2017

Hi 

Thanks for the attempt.  No, these are all open and active issues. 

We are still on v 6.4 but will soon upgrade to the current release.  I am hoping there is some magic in the upgrade. 

Jeff

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2017

Hi Jeff,

This might be a permission issue. In order to see issues from any project, a user should have 'Browse Project' permission on that project.

When you say 'users have switched projects', it's important to check they still have this permission on the project they came from. Otherwise they will no longer be able to see those issues.

As a validation check, you could run the following JQL query in issue navigator: Assignee = CurrentUser() (or the user name of one of your users if you want to test for a specific user). If you don't see issues from certain projects pop up, it is probably related to permissions.

Jeff Cox April 27, 2017

Hi Walter

Thanks for the response.  The missing items are actually for the new project and are actively being worked by the folks who can't see them in the dashboard.  Just to double check  I had one user try assigned = currentuser() and all of the missing items do show then. 

Suggest an answer