Cross Projects Componets

Juan Du Toit June 29, 2015

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to have a component that is linked to each specified project?

I want to be able to run a query by specifying the component only, without specifying the project.

Bugs are being picked up and logged in different projects that relates to reports.

If the BI team works on a specific report, they want to see if they can pick up bugs logged against that report across projects. 

Questions:

1. Can a component be linked to all relevant projects?
  2. If the above is not possible, I need to ad the components to each project individually.  If I then run a query and only specify the components, will it return all issues, regardless of the project it is logged against? Or do I need to specify the projects as well?

Regards,
    Juan

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2015
I'm afraid you can't have global components.  Components live in projects, that's it.
You can add a component of the same name to each project, and you can run searches without project, but it's going to be a bit manual, because you'll have to search for "component/s in (fred, fred, fred, fred)" (I'm assuming your common component is "fred").  In the background, JIRA will be doing "look for component/s 10010, 10040, 10189, 10201"

Thanks Nic

1 vote
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2015

Components are defined at the project level. I'm not aware of any plugin that would allow you to define them and then relate them to a project.  If you define the same component in multiple projects your search will work.

Thanks Joe

Suggest an answer