Criterias to get the mails from JIRA to the user

Dhananjay Mukhedkar January 7, 2013

Hi Team,

What are the requirements to get the e-mails from JIRA mail server to the user.

Regards

Dhananjay

2 answers

0 votes
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 7, 2013

Could you mean the configuration inside the Notification scheme? https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+a+Notification+Scheme

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2013

They need a valid email address. That is attached to their Jira account by your admins, or by them.

That's it.

I suspect you're actually asking something different though - could you explain what the problem is?

Dhananjay Mukhedkar January 7, 2013

The user has been added to a particular e-mail group And the same has been taken as a component in JIRA. Still he doesn't get the mails. Is he to be added in the S1 exchange server.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2013

I'm sorry, that does not make any sense to me.

What does "taken as a component in Jira"? Components are not users, they're components.

What has the email group got to do with it? Is that a group within Jira? How do you expect to get mail to that person?

What's an S1 exchange server? Do you mean the user has a valid email? Have you got that in their Jira account?

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2013

Dhananjay: Do you mean as Component Owner?

Suggest an answer