Creative question

Rumceisz May 15, 2012

Hi All,

it will be a bit different question than the others:

can you please give me an idea how to rename the Create & Link plugin? My users require a more proper name for that button. They use this plugin mostly for creating developer issues from customers bugs.

Any idea?

Rumi

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2012

You might want to try the JIRA Clone-Plus plugin which is customizable. In our process, we create development issues in the appropriate project based on component information from a support related issue.

Rumceisz May 16, 2012

Hi Bob,

zhanks for the suggestion. The cover story is that our Create and Link plugin has expired and some developers concerning about to write an own plugin which is able the same features.

The most important feature for us is cloning issues. I see that this plugin is able this, right?

Is this JIRA Clone-Plus plugin free? I haven't found any details on the plugins page.

Thanks again!

Regards,

Rumi

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2012

Yes and yes it is open source as described on the documentation page and in the plugin exchange - https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugins/org.swift.jira.clone-plus

0 votes
Fabian Meier
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 16, 2012

Hi Rumi,

we are using the post function 'Copy Issue' from the free CustomWare JIRA Utilities (https://plugins.atlassian.com/15453) to achieve exactly what you want to do. It even allows you to change the issue type, project, etc. And since it is a post function, it can be run on any workflow transition - means, you can create your own button and label it! Another neat thing is to create a transition, that has the same status as destination. Like this you don't change the status, but can e.g. escalate the issue to another project / team.

I hope this helps =)

Rumceisz May 16, 2012

Thank you for the suggestion!

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2012
Hi Rumi, What do you think of "New linked issue" or "New linked Task" ? Best regards Thomas
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2012

Download the source code, hack the atlassian-plugin.xml and possibly some properties files and recompile it.

Suggest an answer