Creation of Story goes direct into next planned sprint not Backlog

bmacdonald05 June 5, 2013

Hi,

In 1 of our projects, when a users creates a story issue type, it automatically adds it to the next planned sprint, instead of into the backlog.

Is there a setting whcih may have been changed for this one project which causes this to happen?

This is a one off problem which has started today and is not effecting any of our other projects and has been tested by several users on different PC's in Chrome.

Thanks

Ben

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2013

Just wondering. While clicking create issue, was the selection on a story in the next planned sprint?

0 votes
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2013

Playing around with this just now. The behaviour seems to be like, when I'm currently on the Plan Mode and I'm clicking at one of the issue in one of the planned sprint, the newly created issue will be created and be part of the planned sprint.

So to get the newly created issue to go to the backlog, I would need to click on one of the issue in the backlog (make it highlighted).

bmacdonald05 June 5, 2013

That has worked, in the view pannnel on the right was a story from the next sprint, so i clicked on a story in teh backlog and then created an issue and it went into the backlog.

Suggest an answer