Creation of Story goes direct into next planned sprint not Backlog

Hi,

In 1 of our projects, when a users creates a story issue type, it automatically adds it to the next planned sprint, instead of into the backlog.

Is there a setting whcih may have been changed for this one project which causes this to happen?

This is a one off problem which has started today and is not effecting any of our other projects and has been tested by several users on different PC's in Chrome.

Thanks

Ben

2 answers

1 accepted

0 vote
Renjith Pillai Community Champion Jun 05, 2013

Just wondering. While clicking create issue, was the selection on a story in the next planned sprint?

Playing around with this just now. The behaviour seems to be like, when I'm currently on the Plan Mode and I'm clicking at one of the issue in one of the planned sprint, the newly created issue will be created and be part of the planned sprint.

So to get the newly created issue to go to the backlog, I would need to click on one of the issue in the backlog (make it highlighted).

That has worked, in the view pannnel on the right was a story from the next sprint, so i clicked on a story in teh backlog and then created an issue and it went into the backlog.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,203 views 13 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot