Creation of Multiple Sprints in Greenhopper

Kiran Reddy July 4, 2012

Hi,

We are evaluting the Green hopper for our product planing.

We would like to create multiple sprints at a time, could you please let us know how to create this.

6 answers

2 votes
Peter Cooper November 18, 2012

If you go to GreenHopper Configuration in Administration, on the "GreenHopper Labs" tab, there's an option to enable "Parallel Sprints". That may be what you're looking for.

This feature was added in GreenHopper 6.0.3.

1 vote
James Heggs July 9, 2012

Hi there

Experiencing thing the same problem as Kenneth has mentioned here.

Does anyone know if there is an existing ticket against this feature that we can upvote?

James

1 vote
Kenneth Willetts July 8, 2012

Rapid Board only link back to 1 project though. That project may involve many team; front-end, architecture, etc. I would have to change up my project structure to be able to build out sprints.

The issue is you can only create 1 sprint at a time. I may have two or three sprints running concurrently and GreenHopper can't account for that.

0 votes
Kenneth Willetts November 18, 2012

So this is how I got it to work. Not easy

You create 1 masted scrum board. I use a simple filter on this board. Project = "X'

You then create another board scrum board for the sprint. The filter I give it is based on fixversion and project.

If I need a second board in the same project. I create ANOTHER scrum board referecing a different fixversion.

All of them show in the master board, but you have to go through the process of creating all the separate boards.

You can plan as many sprints as you want, but you can still only have 1 active sprint / board.

0 votes
Thomas Unger November 18, 2012

I did create two rapid boards, created sprints on each. I then started a sprint on board #2. When I went over to board #1 I found that it already had a sprint, the one from board #2, which one item which appeared on both boards. The item, A, was in board 2 sprint but not in board 1 sprint. Now I can't "start" the board 1 sprint.

We are not using strinct agile methodology. We are a small company with a few people working on multiple projects. "Sprints" are still reasonable ways for us to carve out and track a bit of work and it does make sense for us to have multiple sprints - that is just the nature of our work.

Tom

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 4, 2012

Hi Kiran,

create as many rapid boards as you want and then start a sprint on as many rapid boards as you want.

Look here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Using+the+Rapid+Board

or here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Starting+a+Sprint

Cheers

Thomas

Suggest an answer