Creation of Event Listener plugin in JIRA 7+

Michael Danielsson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2017

Hi

Generally I find it hard to create plugins from scratch using the SDK since the example documentation is outdated.

Is there any simple full examples that can be used?

Recently I have tried to create an event listener from scratch using JIRA 7+ and spring. There is some tips around but often something is missing.

Can anyone point me to some good examples on how to create an event listener for JIRA 7+?

Regards,

Michael D

1 answer

0 votes
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2017

Hi Michael,

From some time ago i'm doing all the listener as a Script Listeners using groovy, it's more flexible for me.

Here's an article of the last Jira API for making event listener but i neved had to use it, it's for Jira 5+:

https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-platform/guides/other/tutorial-writing-jira-event-listeners-with-the-atlassian-event-library

Maybe it helps you

Suggest an answer