Creation of Custom Field as Fix Version.

Arijit Banerjee May 19, 2014

I need to build a custom field which is exactly the same as fix version field and should have the same UI look and feel.Can anyone see to it?

3 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2014

Have you tried adding a custom field of type "version"?

Have tried with Version Picker but this field is related to project versions where as I want it to be related to a customfield of mine.Is it possible?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2014

So you don't want a field that behaves like versions.

You want a select list with a more whizzy renderer. I believe there's a trick somewhere - you can persuade a select list to use the Atlassian "autocomplete" renderer, but I think you have to write a custom field plugin to provide a select list that handles like that.

I want a field with multiple choice but comes in form of labels thats my actual requirement.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 19, 2014

That doesn't change my answer (although, have you tried a "labels" type field?)

Have tried with labels field but it doesnot allow any value association as like multiselect or single select which is required in my case.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2014

The Go2Group JIRA Utilities plugin (commercial) has a similar field. It is a select list field with labels/version like behavior. Refer to Ajax Select Custom Field.

0 votes

I tried with custom field labels but as in fixversion we get dropdown for versions, similarly I want some dropdown associated to this field with values stored in some other field

0 votes
BenjiI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2014

Hi Arijit,

Have a look at the Labels custom field. This field implements the same behavior.

Suggest an answer