Creating users

Joan Andreu Juan Torrens August 10, 2017

When creating users I need to fix myself the following details:

Email address

Username

Full name

But lately all I can do is create users with the "Email adress". It is specially important for us that the Full name it's informed with the real full names of the users but now when creating them it is automatically completed with the email adress.

It is also impossible to edit that detail, so... is there any way we can achieve that?create_user.pngedit_user.png

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2017

Hi Joan,

With the changes to the account administration in JIRA Cloud you'll notice the admin cannot:

• Change email    
  • Change name    
  • Change profile picture    
  • Delete account
  • Enforce an authentication policy

If you want to do more to administer these user accounts, here are some options:

• If you own the domain they're on, claim the domain.
  • If you don't own the domain, invite the same users to your site with email addresses for a domain you do own. At the same time, remove access to your site from their original account. Any content they created while logged in with the original account will still exist, but the user won't appear as its creator.

For more information see the Administer Managed Accounts section of the Administer Atlassian Accounts knowledge base article:

As an administrator of managed accounts, you have more control over your users' account details. The biggest advantage to administering managed accounts is that you can associate them with your organization's domain and apply authentication policies across your organization. Authentication policies allow you to enforce security requirements for how your users log in. Atlassian Cloud's existing policies include password requirements and SAML, but we have future plans to support two-step verification.

To make your users' accounts managed, their account email addresses must be on a domain you or your organization owns and can verify. Refer to Domain verification for details on how to verify your domain.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer