Creating tickets in jira service desk through mail even if the mail id is not having an account in Jira service desk

ANKITA BARBI October 21, 2016

I want to create the tickets in JIRA service desk through mail. And i dont want to add the accounts of all those mail ids. So how will that create the ticket in JIRA service desk through mail.

By default it allows only create tickets for those mails that are registered in JIRA service desk. But I want to tweak it around.

Is there a way to achieve it. Kindly help me out.

2 answers

2 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 22, 2016

Hey Ankita! 

To solve this you'll have to modify your request security for your service desk. Make sure the option to "Anyone can sign up for a customer account, and agents can invite anyone to the project". If you select this, it will allow customers to be created by service desk if they aren't already in. Are you using the most recent version?

Thanks, 

Kian 

0 votes
ANKITA BARBI October 25, 2016

Hi

Thank you for reply. But it is solved. I do not want to open it for public signUp. 

smile

Suggest an answer