Creating reports based on number of issue links

Tyler Lange October 9, 2013

Hi all,

We're trying to create reports/dashboards revolving around issues with the most Issue Links.

I emailed in to Atlassian and received the following response:

I don't believe this is currently possible out-of-the-box although we are considering working on a similar feature. The way to work around that would be for you to write a dedicated sql query directly against the JIRA database to get this information.

We're using OnDemand, and it's my understanding that you can't directly query the database.

I then thought about using CustomWare to send data to Salesforce and report from there, but no. This is from their support team:

Thanks for the screen shot and the explanations. It's not possible to do that with the connector.
As you probably know, for OnDamand platform you only can query with the basic JQL functions but you can vote here for the new JQL features.

So how can I get at this data? Our end goal is to create a dashboard (graphs) outlining the issues with the most number of issue links or related issues, and break it out by which aspect of the business it affects.

Thanks in advance for your expertise.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Paul Greig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 10, 2013

Hi Tyler,

While it would require some additional development you can query issue links from the REST API using the following example:

curl -D- -u <user>:<pass> -X GET -H "Content-Type: application/json" https://<instance>/rest/api/latest/search?jql=project=<projectkey>&fields=summary,issuelinks

From the response, you would want the data within "issuelinks", "outwardIssue" and "inwardIssue"

Cheers,

Paul

Joseph Cheek March 24, 2014

hmm, is 'additional development' an option for OnDemand? I would love to be able to filter my kanban swimlanes based on number of blocking tickets.

0 votes
AC September 22, 2015

Hi Paul,

I am new to JIRA cloud and trying to find some way to query issue sin JIRA which can show me some specific filed (version) for linked issues .

Came across your answer and tried but i m not sure how to use it in this scenario to achieve my goal and how to view the output inside JIRA interface ?

Can you please tell me where to fire this curl command to view o/p inside jira?

Paul Greig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 22, 2015

Hi An, the answer above is external to JIRA. The command uses the REST API to return the results to your command line. I don't believe issue link queries can be run inside JIRA via JQL.

Glenn Watkins October 5, 2018

Hi 

Does anyone know if this has been resolved as of October 2018?

Thanks

Glenn

Suggest an answer