Creating relation between Issue Type and Project Role/Group

MatJan September 11, 2013

Hi all,

I've got a question. Is it possible to create a relation between issue type and project role/group to set the visibility of the issues for specific groups? For example, if we have two groups of users, then one of them will see only Technical Tasks and the other only Blockers.

Thank you for all your help so far.
You guys are awesome :)

Regards,
MJ

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2013

I mean you could set a different security level as a post-function of the create issue event... Set it to 1 and only group A see the issue, set it to 2 and only group B is able te see the issue...

To limit the visibility of issue types to chose from when they are creating an issue you'd have to do some scripting I guess (JS to hide issue types...)

Cheers

1 vote
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2013

You could use different issue security levels on those different Issue types. Then add the groups to the different security levels and you got what you want.

0 votes
MatJan September 11, 2013

Udo Brand, Christian Czaia,

Security levels will do.

Thank you for such quick response.

Cheers!

Suggest an answer