Creating new starter form in JIRA

Deleted user July 4, 2013

Hey guys,

We are currently using JIRA as a helpdesk, and we are trying to move all of our other legacy systems into it.

One of our requirements is a new user/starter form that managers can fill out and we can carry out the task at hand.

I've set up a URL template link that people can click on and manually enter the right fields:

Start Date:

Starter's name:

Department:

Site:

Desk ext:

Mobile Number:

Dir access:

Computer:

Bag:

Additional Notes:

However, our current system is still an Outlook form (shudder). The benefits of that are that it can have dropdowns for computer, department, site, bag type etc.

How would I go about achieving that in JIRA? I would prefer to have a web form of some kind and have the results come to us as a ticket for us to action.

Thank you!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user July 9, 2013

I decided to make custom fields with custom message (on edit) to give staff an easier way of doing things that was uniform, and with fewer human error problems.

I will however use the collector once we upgrade to v6.

1 vote
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 4, 2013

Hi Alex,

Please take a look at Issue Collectors (boundled in JIRA 5.1). Maybe this could be helpful for you.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Using+the+Issue+Collector

I hope that will help,

Best Regards,

Mirek

We are in the unfortunate position (at the moment) of being on 4.4.4. We are looking at upgrading to 6 ASAP however. Probably in a couple of months though.

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 4, 2013

Before 5.1 this was a normal plugin. There should be a version for JIRA 4.4 still on marketplace... Please take a look.

Regards,

Mirek

Hmmm.......seems to be giving bugs :/

I'll have a look when it isn't 2am.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events