Creating new Task in JIRA - don't show the work log for the use assigned to the mission.

Eitan Mizrahi June 23, 2017

Hello,

I am using Jira for software (in cloud).

I have created an issue an attached it to a specific user.

I want to add the estimted time for that issue (as task).

When I try to log in as that user I cannot see the ability to log work (If the user work for 4 hours, 5 hours, etc.).

1. How can I see that?

2. How can I track the users' activity (by some gant progress etc.)?

Thanks. 

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2017

Hi Eitan,

You can do this with a plugin.  One such plugin is Tempo Timesheets and you can choose a user from a dropdown:

"The current user name is displayed in the header of the log work dialog to keep reference, in case a Team Lead (or a user with Approve Timesheet permission) is logging work for team members, given the option User with Approve Timesheet Permission can log work for team members is enabled in Global Configuration."

Cheers,

Branden

Eitan Mizrahi June 23, 2017

I have logged on with the specific user.

I cannot see any log work ability of the other user.

I have also tried adding a permission for log work to the role (the user is in administrator role), but didn't see that the user see "log work" button.
All of the characteristics as on: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/unable-to-log-work-224400725.html are OK, but still I cannot see any ability for the user to "log work".

jira_project2.png

Eitan Mizrahi June 24, 2017

Also when I open the issue, and choose: admin -> where is my field. Choose time-tracking, I see the following:

jira_project3.png

Suggest an answer