Creating links automatically.

Ankith December 19, 2018

Hello, I am dealing with an interesting taught, as am moving forward to migrate from rally to Jira and tried out using csv it looks great.

The question that i have is can we create the links automatically, suppose i have imported issues as features and linked them to Initiative as child. 

now i have imported my user stories under features and linked them as parent/child using csv.

now i have created a story or task under my user story can i get both the parent link as user story and feature issue as feature link.

Initiative 

>feature : initiative.

> user story - parent : feature.

> story or task : parent- user story , feature link: feature 

can this be achieved automatically?? 

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 26, 2018

Hello Ankith,

Thank you for contacting Atlassian Community!

Please, just confirm to me that I have properly understood your requirements:

1 - You would like to link features to initiatives as child/parent

2 - Link user stories to Features as child/parent

3 - Link Stories or Tasks to User Stories as child/parent and add a custom link with Features.

If I've understood it properly, I'm afraid that JIRA only support three levels of hierarchy: Epic > Story/Task > Sub-task

That being said, I'm afraid your requirement is not possible natively on JIRA, however, the Portfolio plugin can give you this functionality:

How to create a new hierarchy level

Please, check this documentation and let me know if it works for you.

If you are able to get your work done with the three levels of hierarchy available on JIRA and need more information on how you can set it using CSV, please let us know.

Suggest an answer