Creating issues with the JIRA API for specific users with assigned permissions to view

Nuzhi Meyen February 3, 2023

Hi,

I am new to JIRA API automation and would like to know how I could use the JIRA API to create an issue for specific user who have restricted permissions to view - the API to be used is as follows -https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-issues/#api-rest-api-3-issue-post

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Nuzhi

1 answer

0 votes
Vamsi Kandala
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2023

Hi @Nuzhi Meyen

Welcome to the Atlassian community!

There are tools like Postman and languages like .NET or Python that you can use for this.

As you are a beginner, Postman will be helpful for you to try out the examples of using JIRA REST API.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Vamsi

Nuzhi Meyen February 3, 2023

Hi @Vamsi Kandala ,

Thanks for you comments - I know how to make the API call using Python and Postman - my specific issue is how to structure the payload in this particular scenario.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Nuzhi

Vamsi Kandala
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2023

Hi @Nuzhi Meyen

If I understand you correctly, you want to create the ticket on behalf of another user (the user will be the reporter).

In that case, you can set the value for the reporter field with the user's account id.  There is an example in the article that you have shared and you can utilize based on your project and issue type that you want to create ticket for.

Thanks,
Vamsi

Nuzhi Meyen February 6, 2023

Hi @Vamsi Kandala 

Not exactly - I am looking to structure the payload so that the issue is only viewable to users with a specific set of permissions in JIRA.

Any idea on how that might be accomplished ?

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Nuzhi

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events