Creating issues easier on Mac

James Deak October 23, 2013

I'm totally new to Jira and like it alot so far. Previously I always used the "Reminders" app for making "todos". Now I want to collect everything in Jira but I find it a bit clumpsy to add issues to Jira.

Say I got an email about a bug. Then I have open my web browser... Surf to Jira... Sometimes I need to login as the "remember me" has apperently "forgotten me". Then click create new issue, then fill in the whole form, and then submit.

Is there an easier way? Any service plugins or something? Just select a text and click "Add as a Jira Issue". Or anything easier then going through the web browser and forms just to add an issue...

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 23, 2013

You could scribble something that pokes issues in via REST directly.

Use Bob Swift's CLI plugin to do a command line script

Use Jira "Capture" plugin to hook into other applications

Or, for the case you've just described, simply set up Jira to create and comment via email, then you can forward the issue directly. Or even get the users to stop hassling you and mail it themselves! (On that theme, get them to raise the issue instead of going through you, or even have a look at Jira Service Desk)

0 votes
RicardoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2013

Hi James

Take a look at this new plugin JIRA developed recently:

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/service-desk

I believe this is what you are looking for.

Hope it helps,

Ricardo Carracedo.

James Deak October 23, 2013

Thanks, I saw that and it looks great. Although I don't want to open my browser. I'd like something more quick and integrated in OS X. For example, Automator App, Automator Service, Mail plugin, Workflow for Alfred or something like that.

I will have a look at Bob Swift's CLI plugin and try to work out something with Alfred

Suggest an answer