Creating hints for choosing an Assignee

MatJan September 10, 2013

Hi,

I would like to assign an issue considering a specific component to the developer who has been working on the component.

The question is: Is it possible to create a relation between the component and the user that will result in proposing the user as the default assignee but still it will be possible to choose another user as the assignee?

I'm still new to JIRA and I would appreciate any help!

Thanks in advance,
MJ

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2013

Hi, actually this is a standard feature:

- go to your project configuration page

- edit the component and define "component lead" as tandard assignee

This way, every time a component has been selected and the assignee is set to the default "Automatic"nit will be assigned to the component lead. Other than that you can always change "Automatic" to any user you want ...

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Defining+a+Component#DefiningaComponent-Editingacomponent'sdetails

Cheers Christian

MatJan September 10, 2013

Thank you so much Christian!
Regards,
MJ

Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2013

You're welcome. You could accept the answer. Otherwise you'll get mails in the near future that you have open questions ;-)

Cheers

Suggest an answer